Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Upon Further Review


My review below of Laura McPhee’s A Journey into Matisse’s South of France, part of the Roaring Forties Press ArtPlace series, represents a new direction I’m trying to take the blog in—namely, reviewing the latest books on art and catalogues of the newest art exhibits. (Paul Cezanne’s Portrait of the Artist’s Father, no doubt reading a new book review, appears above.)

I’ve already solicited a slew of books and the responses are coming in. I’ll read and review as many as I can as soon as I can. If you are a publisher or in the marketing/press office of a museum or gallery, please feel free to contact me at ArtBlogByBob@hotmail.com and I’ll send you my address to which you may send a review copy. For the rest of you, if you see or hear of an interesting book or exhibit with a catalogue, please drop me a line. Any and all assistance is greatly appreciated, especially if it helps me improve the content of this blog. Since this is not my day job, I have to rely on the kindness of strangers (and local libraries) in finding books to review. Every dollar I spend on this venture is one less dollar for Alex’s college fund.

Thanks!

Bob

No comments: