Saturday, October 2, 2010

Beyond Bad: Learning to Love Damien Hirst


It’s sad to watch someone drift over to the dark side. I’m not talking about Anakin Skywalker. I’m talking about renowned Guardian art blogger extraordinaire Jonathan Jones. I don’t know Jonathan, but I’ve read enough of his work to feel like I do. When I read his recent post, “Why I've joined Damien Hirst's bad taste party,” I wanted to stage an intervention. Jonathan states his reasons clearly and argues his points well. But here’s my attempt at saving his soul, and perhaps the soul of art and culture in the world today. Please come over to Picture This at Big Think to read more of "Beyond Bad."

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Thank you so much for your interest in my blog. I am definitely going to check out your blog as well. So far, its been very interesting.

-Lynn