Wednesday, September 5, 2012

How Should We Picture This Election?

When I struggle to wrap my head around a problem, I often turn to art to help me literally picture the big issue and, I hope, guide me to an answer. In the same vein, CNN commissioned artists to create art based on the theme of “power” as part of their coverage of the 2012 election. Just as we’re beset with imagery from first the Frank Lloyd Wright-haunted Republican convention and now from the equally slickly staged Democratic convention, it’s fascinating to see how artists use their vision to cut through the extraneous noise of this political moment and cut down to the human essentials. If you’re suffering from sensory overload from all the biographical videos and group-tested backdrops, then a dose of these artists might be just what you need. Please come over to Picture This at Big Think to read more of "How Should We Picture This Election?"

[Image: Katrin Eismann. Untitled.]

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow, what a nice surprise. I'm honored to be listed here with such an impressive post. Thanks so much!

best seo