Friday, February 19, 2010

Isn’t It Romantic?: Gauguin’s Nevermore Wins Poll


Quoth the voters, Nevermore! A recent Art Fund poll asking “Which of these people has captured your idea of romance in art?” came up with the answer of Paul Gauguin’s Nevermore (pictured, from 1897). Voters could choose from among five thought-provoking selections picked by a diverse team of experts. It’s more ironic than romantic, and fascinating, that the winner of a Valentine’s Day-themed poll reflects a much different view of Romantic than the hearts and flowers variety. Please come over to Picture This at Big Think to read more of "Isn't It Romantic?"


1 comment:

Yasmin said...

I stumbled upon your blog back in March 2008, and just fell in love. Then I switched laptops that June and lost the link to your blog. Today, going through my old emails I found it again. I cannot tell you how happy I was to see that you have continued blogging! So many good posts to catch up with!
Thank you.