Saturday, March 20, 2010

Artistic Vision: EyeWriter Technology Allows Paralyzed Artist to Draw



FutureEverything last week awarded their first FutureEverything Award to The EyeWriter, a new eye-tracking technology (pictured) that allows artists to “draw” with their eyes when unable to do so with their hands. “Art is a tool of empowerment and social change, and I consider myself blessed to be able to create and use my work to promote health reform, bring awareness about ALS and help others,” says artist Tony Quan, also know as “Tempt 1,” who uses The EyeWriter to continue to create art after Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis, also known as Lou Gehrig’s Disease, left him unable to use his hands. This technology allows artists to create even after their bodies are unable to realize what they see in their heads and gives hope to anyone limited by some physical condition. Please come over to Picture This at Big Think to read more of "Artistic Vision."


2 comments:

Somethin Beautiful said...

The reason I thought you might like it is because I regularly post related articles accompanied by great photos.I would like to do link exchange with ya blog .... if you thinks its suits for your blog let me know by email ...

If you like my site I wondered whether you might consider linking to it from your blogroll, I would of course be willing to return the favor.

Title :- Somethin beautiful
Url :- (http://somethinbeautiful.com/)

What's new in our Beautiful World

Unknown said...

Reading is one of the biggest challenges for people who are blind or visually impaired. An Israeli start-up develops assistive technology devices for blind to achieve increased independence. With this tiny camera attachment, the user can hear discreetly what's around. It reads text from almost any surface and identifies faces, objects, and money notes. This technology for the blind is considered as a revolution in wearable devices.