Saturday, March 6, 2010

Missing Link: New Van Gogh Painting Authenticated


Just when you think you’ve seen them all, a new Vincent Van Gogh painting rises from seemingly nowhere. An 1886 painting titled Le Blute-Fin Mill (pictured) recently became the first “new” Van Gogh to be authenticated since 1995. What new things does this painting tell us about the Van Gogh we thought we knew? More importantly, what does this painting tell us about the Van Gogh who never was? Please come over to Picture This at Big Think to read more of "Missing Link."

2 comments:

Robert Birch said...

It is a nice painting with some great contrast in colors. However, I think it was completely before he want insane.

I ,however, have gone insane! Please feel free to bid on my artwork as it happens. http://tinyurl.com/ybkllwj

columnist said...

It is a very un-Van Gogh picture, as we mostly know him, but I like it very well, and it's always fascinating to me to read these stories of hidden treasures. I wonder what it would fetch today?